The address book in your AOL mail account allows you to seek out out your contacts and email addresses that you simply have saved in it. The address book comes in handy once you got to send emails to people who are in your contact list and this reduces the hurdle of remembering the complex email address of various users. However, oftentimes, this address book goes completely missing thanks to which you're unable to send emails to your saved contacts. Therefore, if you're also trying to find solutions to repair address book is missing error in AOL mail, then you'll use the steps given within the following sections.
Ways to repair missing address book error
Method 1- Restore your contacts
To restore the deleted or lost contacts in your AOL mail account, do the following: 1. First of all, attend mail.aol.com from any device 2. Now, log in to your AOL email account 3. If you're already logged in, skip these steps 4. Then, you ought to click on the “More” option 5. After that, tap on the “Restore” option from the available options 6. Next up, you ought to select a date to revive your contacts 7. For this, you'll use the available drop-down 8. Finally, tap on the “Restore” option
Method 2- Troubleshoot network connection
Your AOL mail address book fails to load once you perform the AOL mail login process on a tool with an unstable internet connection. Therefore, you ought to verify if your device is connected to a stable connection or not.
If these methods don't assist you to repair address book is missing error in AOL mail, then you'll attempt to run the address book sync function. To sync the address book, you'll attempt to log in to your account and follow some easy steps.
Steps to fix AOL Contacts Missing Error
1. Verify Network Connection: The most basic troubleshooting step involves checking your internet connection. You can try opening AOL from a different browser. At the same time, you can open an alternate website just to make sure the error is not with the browser you are using. If the website does not open you can contact your service provider for more information.
2. Check AOL Webmail: If the internet connection is secure you can try and log in directly to AOL webmail. If you can see the contact list then sign out and log in to Desktop Gold. If you see that your contacts are missing when you log in via AOL Gold then you can be sure that there is a problem with AOL Gold. In that case, you will have to delete it and install AOL Desktop Gold once again.
3. Run AOL Address book Sync: If you notice that you can see your contacts on AOL webmail but the same contacts are missing in AOL Desktop Gold then you can try and sync the address book.
• Login to the AOL Desktop Gold account that has the error.
• Visit ‘fixit.aol.com’ and click ‘Run’
• Follow the instructions to complete the address book sync
• Re-login to AOL Desktop Gold and check if the missing contacts are visible
• Be sure to save all contact names using words and not number or symbols